Tuesday, July 11, 2017

35. 4/24/17 (27th week in Warsaw): Baem

Today marks...8 months!! Where has the time gone?? Where is the pause button??

L funky:
This week, Sister Stahl and I went on exchanges to Lodz...a cute little city about an hour train ride outside of Warsaw. While there, we got to attend institute, learn new finding methods, teach some members, street contact, and set some solid goals to continue and progress the work here in Warsaw. It was so good to learn and laugh with Sister Dekker and Haight!

Little Lions:
Yesterday for 3rd hour in church, I got to translate nursery. Which really just meant we had a 10 minute lesson on prayer and then acted out Daniel in the lion's den for the other 50 minutes. Good stuff. Roar. 

 The Prince of Peace...,
...my new favorite title for the Savior.
"The Savior, our Prince of Peace, says to us: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). Not as the world giveth. Not a quick answer. Not a list of five things we can do to solve our problem. Not a historical overview in our minds. Not a method to turn our symptoms into a diagnosis. Not a cure. Not someone brought back. Not immediate restitution or reconciliation. Not always a phone call when we need it. Not always someone reaching out at just the right moment. Those moments do happen, and I am grateful for those moments. But at times, all I need is a great calm. When the answer is peace."
Other:
-We have transfers next week! I am really interested to see what happens. I have been in Warsaw since the end of October...so, a while! But, I love the city and people here so much. Stay tuned!

earth is crammed with heaven. 
peace and blessins,
siostra talia beem

ul. Wiertnieza 135, 1 Pietro
02-952 Warszawa Poland

talia.beem@myldsmail.net


Siostra Dekker and Haight in the background.

With Siostra Haight

With Siostra Stahl in front of the Warsaw chapel.







No comments:

Post a Comment