Tuesday, July 11, 2017

34. 4/17/17 Week 34 (25th week in Warsaw): Naleśnikifora

Hey!! 

Wielkanoc...you are "egg-celent":
My one (and only 🙁🙁) Easter in Poland was wonderful. We had a beautiful church service where we talked about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and how to become like Him in this life. The Spirit was so strong! I am so grateful for the knowledge we have about the resurrection. Did the Lord in reality die and rise again? Yes. “The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."

After our amazing Easter dinner, another family invited us over. When we got there, they said, "Sisters, have you had an Easter egg hunt yet today? We just finished our one with all the other (9) missionaries and our kids" And I was like, "No, but that's okay!"...and they said, "No it's not...hang on". They took us down to their basement and set up an easter egg hunt just for us. Seriously, I was just about in tears. It may have seemed small to them, but  it meant so much to me!! 

We ended the night attending part of a Catholic mass at a local Catholic temple. 

Other:
- It snowed this morning. Tears. 
- I got DRILLED in soccer by Elder Sommerfeldt. You can still see the outline of the soccer ball on my leg haha. When it happened, I thought I shattered my femur.
-An American member hooked it up with some American toaster strudels for Easter breakfast. And American Dr. Pepper. 'Merica. 
-"Hey, Elder Ashworth, you are egg-celent'. Elder Ashworth: "I don't get it'...me: "get it, like 'egg' because it is Easter?" 
-The Polish word for "teenybopper"...because I know you all are curious: smarkula
-We had a Passover party with a YSA from our branch this week!


I hope everyone has a great week!

peace and blessins,
Talia

ul. Wiertnieza 135, 1 Pietro
02-952 Warszawa Poland
telefon: 48-22-665-9892




With Sister Stahl in Warsaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment