Saturday, October 1, 2016

6. Week 6 MTC: Foot Model

Cześć wam!

Off Campus Adventure!!! (for an unfortunate cause):
On Tuesday, Sister Rawson and I went off campus because....(drum roll, please)...I had an ingrown toenail!! Yay!! Ewww!!  The podiatrist talked me through the whole process and reassured me that in just a few short weeks I could go back to my foot modeling career--phew! (he was trying to make me laugh despite my extreme fear of needles). Sister Rawson deserves the biggest shout-out for being so patient with me. She was so cute--she stroked my arm the entire time during my mini-procedure! (Pictures of the real world below!)

General Conference: aka Christmas for missionaries (and everyone).
Watching General Conference this time around was in a much different setting than "normal". It wasn't filled with bean bags, cinnamon rolls, and pajamas....rather, it was filled with cold cereal, hard bleacher seats, Sunday dress clothes, and a thousand missionaries. However, the Spirit was so strong. It was so special! A thousand of us! All in one purpose--to take these messages from our modern day prophet and his apostles to the rest of the world! None of this goes without mentioning Starszy Dickson and his incredible ability to somehow sneak a full-size blanket in under his suit coat. 

Sister Lewis shout-out: 
This week in one of our lessons, our investigator had a difficult question pertaining to the Plan of Salvation. She wanted instant biblical proof of her question. *a full minute passed trying to find a verse*. When we were desperate for SOMETHING to say...some verse to read...I said a quick prayer...and then all of a sudden 2 scripture mastery scriptures popped in my head--they were JUST what she needed! I'm so grateful for Sister Lewis and her loving pressure for us to learn all these in high school!! They saved me this week. They answered her questions! Learn them, learn them, learn them!! 

Star Wars Trivia :
-In one of the Star Wars movies, Jabba the Hutt says "o co chodzi" as Leia knocks on his door. "O Co Chodzi" is Polish! It means: "What are you getting at?" Ahahh. I always thought Jabba was just speaking jibberish--nope, Polish! Basically the same thing, right?

Other: 
-Missy leaves this week :( My district has grown to love this cute little roommate of mine. Whenever anyone sees her they say, "SISTER BEEM. Look, look, look! It's Missy!!!"--even during conference today when she was singing in Salt Lake on the big screen. 
-Sister Rawson got first place in handball this week...and I got second...HOLLA. #siostrapower



Have a wonderful conference weekend--ask Him how you can CHANGE!
I love you all! I miss you all!

Pa Pa!
xoxo,
Siostra Beem <3

Write me or "dearelder" me! 
Sister Talia Murphy Beem
OCT24  POL-WAR
2005 N 900 E Unit  45
Provo UT 84602

talia.beem@myldsmail.net



BEFORE
AFTER
Mom note:  The real hero here is Sister Rawson.  Talia worked as a Phlebotomist this year and she STILL freaks out with needles (she's fine doing the poking, she just doesn't like being poked).
With Starszy's Theriault, Adriano, and Barlow

How everyone feels when Uctdorf speaks...

When they moved from the bats, they Sisters took over a men's dorm...

The Siostra's room...not bad!  They even have a pumpkin, how cute is that?

With Missy...Tal is sure going to miss seeing her!

Mom note:  I found these vintage ties, "deconstructed them" and made them skinnier
and then I sewed a little Polish flag inside (grateful they have a nice, easy, simple flag).  They are going to wear them every Friday:)  This made me cry happy tears...

The Starszys...
Home Pics...
Happy to turn that 8 into a 7...(although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being
a missionary mom--wouldn't want her anywhere else).

This was originally up for her farewell but we haven't taken it down.  I think we
will just keep it up for the next 17 months.  Our neighbors might think we are a
little weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment