Monday, October 31, 2016

10. Week 10(first week in Poland): I have an accent

Cześć Wam!
Who, What, Where: 
Who: Sister DeMordaunt (from Idaho!) and Sister Beem (more to come down below)
What: Preachin' the gospel to the people of Poland. 
Where: Warsaw, baby! Wooooo!!!
Smile and nod:
So my interactions with people go a little something like this, "Good Day/Hello. Excuse me, sir/miss. We are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints" then I look at Sister D because I don't know what is said on either side after that. Then I just smile and nod. It's a good little system we have down.

Sister D and Sister B take on the Big City....kinda rhymes, right?
Sister D is like my favorite human ever. She reminds me a lot of my girl Ally back home. We're going to have a lot of fun this transfer together, I can already tell! And we both are obsessed with Christmas so that is a huge bonus and blessing. She was so patient with me and my random naps this week. We'd be having a full on conversations and then like 12 seconds later, I'd just be passed out (jet lag and talia did not have a good relationship). She's an incredible teacher and I can't wait to learn from her. We're teaching some really amazing people right now and Sister D is doing so well taking the lead. People are being prepared here! I can see it! I have already seen it!

Other:
-I was told I have an accent! My dream finally came true!
-I got to speak (share my testimony) in sacrament meeting...in Polish...to one of the biggest congregations (50ish people) in Poland. Let's just say it was short and sweet :)
-It is way colder here than I expected it to be. Ah. Apparently it's going to be a crazy winter!
-The food is to die for. Everyone, pray I don't gain weight! Sometimes the meat is a little sketchy or I have absolutely no idea what I'm eating...but I just close my eyes and chew...and about 8/10 it's super good!! 
-I will honestly be so surprised if I make it my whole mission without getting hit my a car. The drivers are like Utah drivers on steroids...yikes. And for some reason, Polish sidewalks are placed in the most inconvenient places on the busiest streets. Don't worry, mom :))
-Polish people park wherever they want. And they get away with it. 

I love it here! I'M SO HAPPY. The church is true! 
Pa,
Siostra Beem <3
Siostra Talia Beem
Poland Warsaw Mission
ul. Wiertnicza 135
02-952 Warszawa
Poland​​​

talia.beem@myldsmail.net


One last MTC District picture...
Oh, wait...this is the last one!
The first of many Paczki!


Image result for famous white cathedral in Warsaw

 World War II and then today...

New food!

Aren't these 2 THE CUTEST???
Siostra DeMourdaunt is from Boise--Tal LOVES her!!!
It is such a blessing to have her as a trainer:)
(In the front of Warsaw Palace of Culture and Science--aka, Stalin's Tower)
(an unwanted gift from Satlin--haha)


In the streets of Warsaw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment