Thursday, December 22, 2016

17: Week 17 (8th week in Warsaw): Put on your diva hat

Hej!

Diva Hat:
Our mission is doing English class a little bit differently starting this next transfer...so, in order to have a more structured course, we will be having to kick people out of our current class. As we were role playing kicking people out in district meeting, Sister DeMordaunt said, "there is no way I can kick a little grandma out of English!".
Elder Einfeldt said, "Sister, just put on your diva hat and do it!".
Flip, I died. 
....so now, whenever someone says something sassy, we move the imaginary diva hat from person to person. Trust me, we've all had days "wearing" the hat.

Ridin' Solo:
Don't worry, I started thinking of the Jason Derulo song, too. 
I solo contacted this week (meaning Sister D and I weren't tied at the hip!). Woooo. It honestly went pretty well...considering I talked and testified about my two favorite things: Jesus and Christmas. I had some good conversations...some I understood and some not so much. But I learned that if you smile big and talk about Christ, not much wrong can come of that. 

The things I do for the people I love, czyli Ola: 
One of our investigators is having a hard time giving up coffee and smoking. I told her that if she gave up coffee and smoking, that she could pick something for me to give up. She picked either Dr. Pepper or chocolate (both would be MAJOR sacrifices, people). She said she'd get back to me with her final decision this Tuesday, so stay tuned. 

Wesołych Świąt! Merry Christmas!

Remember, HE is the REASON for the SEASON. 

Luke 2:7-14:
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and theglory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David aSaviour, which is Christ the Lord.
 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Merry Christmas from the tundra!  
xoxo, 
Siostra Beem

talia.beem@myldsmail.net

Transfers are next week...so you know what that means? Pics with everyone you love dearly...just in case (but I'm prayin' this dream team doesn't get split up and that we don't leave Warsaw)! 

"Me and my boys..." (Haskett and Barlow)


K:  She is a university student here from the Ukraine.  She is 17, but is getting baptized on her 18th birthday in April!

J:  She just moved to Germany.

A:  She has such a solid testimony and asks great questions.
J


No comments:

Post a Comment