Monday, November 21, 2016

13. Week 13 (4th week in Warsaw): "Make Me More"

Witam!

Make Me More:
Sister D and I went contacting by a busy metro stop a few nights ago. While there, we came in contact with a super nice guy. After we were talking to him about the Book of Mormon for a while, he did what most Poles do (after hearing our accents) and asked, "Where are you from?". We told him we were from the States! He got really smiley and then said, in English, "What do you think of the phrase 'Make Me More'"? We told him that "Make Me More" implies that you want to be better, that you want to change, etc. Then, without saying a word back to us, took a few steps back and made a phone call. The person on the other line didn't answer, but he came back to us and said, "so, the phrase 'make me more' has a positive meaning, yes?". We thought so, so we said, "yeah!". Turns out, him and his buddy are starting up a new business and want that as their name, but wanted to make sure it had a positive meaning in English, incase they go global. He took the Book of Mormon out of Sister D's hands and said, "I know this meeting was not a coincidence and I think this book and your message will help me in the future...here is my number". We're meeting up with him this week, so we're excited about that! But that wasn't the only time I've thought about that encounter this week. I have been thinking a lot about the phrase "Make Me More" in a gospel sense. Heavenly Father can make us so much more if we ask for His help and align our will with His (and use the Atonement daily!). 


Could it be...?:
....another baptisimal date?! Yes! Sister D and I have been teaching this sweet college student, O for a few weeks now. She is adorable and said if she gains a testimony of everything, that she'll be baptized on Jan. 14!

Glitter Girl:
Sister D and I have been really blessed contacting lately. The other night, this lady with SO much glittery makeup walked by. Honestly, I was pretty intimidated by her because she just had a lot goin' on (makeup wise and neon colors everywhere) and I honestly (I hate admitting it) didn't want to contact her. But then, I felt this overwhelming feeling (hint hint--Holy Ghost) to contact her. I then said, "Good Day, We are missio--" and then she cut me off. I thought she was going to yell at me (like a good amount of the people do), but instead, she said, "You're mormon missionaries, yes, I know! I have your book in English, but I would like it in Polish. *we give her a book*. I have to go, but here is my number, I would love to talk later"...then ran away. I can't believe I wasn't going to contact her because she was all glittery! I immediately repented for making such a shallow judgement. And then I prayed out of gratitude for that little miracle. Everyone, glitter or not, needs the gospel. Share, share, share!


Poetry By Siostra D (prepare yourself): 
This week in our English class, we had a poetry slam!  We taught AABB/ABAB poems. Here is my favorite by Sista D:

"I fly like an eagle
 Hungry as a seagull
 As I go to the store
 Always seeking for more" #deep


Cereal Killers: 
A few nights ago, Sister D and I ran out of Book of Mormons (Books of Mormon?--still the #1 missionary debate), so we went to our storeroom to pick up some more. As we were walking up to the building, we realized we forgot the code to get in. We were praying so hard that someone would happen to be coming through the gate when we needed to get through! We turned the corner...and A COUPLE WAS COMING THROUGH THE GATE! They then said, "you're mormons, right? This is your office (and pointed to our door)". We said, "yes, thanks for holding the door, etc". They said, "Wait, why don't you come in and talk with us?" We then entered a different building with them and walked up two flights of dark stairs. Sister D and I were walking in the front, and the couple was behind us. At this point, I was honestly a little creeped out. We then enter this apartment (we're still thinking we're going to be teaching a first lesson or something at this point). We enter, and there are all these people walking around this large room with gloves on, holding bowls and cups and computers asking a few people questions. They put Sister D and I at tables that were next to each other and had us sit down and started asking all these questions. I had no idea what was going on (Polish wise) so I sat this one out. However, they knew Sister D knew Polish so they kept questioning her about allergies/background, etc. This whole time I'm thinkin' that my comp is about to get murdered or poisoned or something. Then, they brought Sister D a bowl with corn flakes in it.  I was so scared that the cereal was laced with something sketchy. And then they brought out another. And another. Turns out, she was just cereal testing. And she got a chocolate bar out of it. So, all was well. 

Fun Fact:
It gets dark at 3:40pm here. 



Happy Thanksgiving! Eat a little extra for me! :)
Pa! Kocham Was!
Siostra Beem <3

Tal can fall asleep anywhere...

Not sure what this means...but they are still cute!

Tal reunited with Sister Larsen (one of her MTC comps).

POLAND!!!

Out having p-day fun celebrating B's birthday!


Loving Bart's t-shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment