Wednesday, August 24, 2016

MTC drop off day and first email (day 1 & 2)

Written 8/25 (day 2 in the MTC)

HEY! HOW ARE MY FAVORITE PEOPLE?
I only have like 10 minutes, but things are good and life is great!
My P-Day is Saturday, so be waiting for that!
I'm in a Tripanionship! Siostra Larsen and Siostra Rawson are THE BEST. We are having so much fun learning, teaching, and studying together. There are 7 Starszy's and they're the best. One of them is from Portugal! Our zone consists of: Bulgaria, Czeck, Slovak, Poland, Slovania, and the Adriatic North Mission. I'm not kidding when I say this, 32 minutes into my MTC stay, we were speaking Polish. It's nuts. We have our first lesson tomorrow and I'm praying for the gift of tongues big time! We can kinda pray, too, so that's cool. And when I say pray, I mean read off of a piece of paper because we don't know anything that's happening. Something cool that might happen: Siostra Larsen is really big into family history and is speaking at a General Authority Luncheon in a few weeks, and because we are her companions,we get to go hopefully! So cross your fingers. How are you guys? I can feel my brain literally growing (headaches) and the salad bar is my best friend. So much Polish, so little time! My teachers are great and I couldn't ask for a better zone. I know this is where I need to be and who I need to be with...it doesn't mean it's easy...but I know it's all worth it.
LOVE YOU SO MUCH,

Siostra Beem <3
Little Brothers helping her with her luggage

Saying goodbye to Noah

Saying goodbye to Logie Bear

Saying goodbye to G-pa

Saying goodbye to Dad

Tal with the boys...
(G-ma and Mom flew with her to Utah...)

Last Dad/daughter pic for 18 months

Tal with 2 of her UVU roomies, Missy (who is off to Tacoma on her
mission in 3 weeks) and Madalyn.  She was so lucky to have such
awesome roommates!!!

Mother/daughter hugs before the big drop-off

3 generations...  G-ma loved this day and called it
a "highlight" of her life--how cute is that?

One last selfie...

And we only had ugly tears for about 5 minutes...  it was seriously
one of THE BEST DAYS!!!

And she's off...

Later that night Siostra Rawson's Mom posted the above photo--a rare first-day pic inside the MTC (an MTC teacher took it and sent it to her).  They all look SO HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment